Saturday, May 7, 2016

Spanish Phrases/Words You Need to Know Before Traveling

Before traveling to Spain or any Latin American country, you need to at least know the Spanish basic words in order to make your trip much more pleasurable.

How to greet:


  • Hello – Hola (Informal)
  • Good morning – Buenos días (Formal)
  • Good afternoon – Buenas tardes (Formal)
  • Good evening – Buenas noches (Formal)
  • Nice to meet you – Mucho gusto
  • Bye – Adios
  • See you later – Hasta luego


How to refer to people: 

  • Sir, Mister, Gentleman – Señor, Caballero
  • Mrs., Ma’am, Mistress- Señora
  • Miss – Señorita
  • Boy – Niño
  • Girl – Niña

Basic phrases and words for different situations:

  • Please – Por favor
  • Thank you – Gracias
  • Thank you very much – Muchas gracias
  • Do you speak English? - ¿Habla Inglés?
  • Can you help me? - ¿Me puede ayudar?
  • How much does it cost? - ¿Cuánto cuesta?
  • Where is it? - ¿Dónde queda?
  • Can you give me that? - ¿Me podría dar eso?
  • What time is it? – ¿Qué hora es?
  • Take me to de airport, please – Lleveme al aeropuerto, por favor
  • Where can I find a good restaurant? - ¿Dónde puedo encontrar un buen restaurante?
  • Where is a subway station? - ¿Dónde hay una estación de metro?
  • I need to make a phone call – Necesito hacer una llamada telefonica.
  • I want- Yo quiero
  • I have- Yo tengo
  • I am- Yo soy


This is just a basic list, but it could be very helpful for your trip, enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment